While not a very useful application, Food Fight does demonstrate the intrinsic power of playful social interaction over glitzy effects.Â Food Fight, developed by David Gentzel of Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!), extends the psychology behind the poke.Â As in MMORPGs like Warcraft or with virtual roses in Hotornot, users of the applicationÂ spend a virtual currencyÂ on aÂ menu of food items to toss at their friends.Â The items show up on the FF widget on the targetÂ profile.Â AÂ whole list ofÂ tossings shows up onÂ each person's FFÂ application page.Â Â TheÂ major glitch in the idea is that the recipients must have the application installedÂ to receive food thrown at them.Â Â ButÂ you can invite friends to install the app and judging from the discussions on the app board,Â theÂ grade school audience seem to be big fans of it.Â Â FoodÂ Fight has 200,000 or so usersÂ today.Â Each user is alloted $5 to spend on food per day and the virtual credit is free.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Thursday, June 7th, 2007 and is filed under facebook.
Previous Post: Click.TV Player Will Be Shut Down »
Next Post: Facebook the Transformers of Social Networking »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Get MagicJack and Lifecam Cinema Working on Windows 7 64-bit
- Fix for Error Installing do_mysql Datamapper Adapter on Ubuntu
- Devious New Targeted Financial Phishing Scam Strikes Your Cellphone
- Errata for Programming Collective Intelligence
- Yelp Battles Supporters of the Meier Family
- Pictures of Lori Drew
- Picture of Curt Drew
- Brandon Antron Rolle Goes on Trial Today
- Fixing Spurious Rails Routing Error
- MySpace Stumbles Playing Catchup to Facebook with Status Updates “Friendsmoods”