A team in the Entrepreneurship Week Competition at Stanford University is auctioning off on eBay the opportunity to play hockey with Guy Kawasaki. Not exactly. The bid item is actually a Post-It note. The competition is to extract the most value from 100 Post-It notes. Teams are judged through two rounds and "prize categories include teams that made the most money, created the most social value, are the most creative, and those with the most dramatic failure."
So the winning bidder on eBay plays with Guy ony if the Stanford team actually wins a category and that category gets the prize of playing hockey with Guy Kawasaki: The rules don't make clear which categories win which prizes. So even if you bid your heart out on eBay and push the team to victory in the "most cash" category -- they are not likely to win in most creative or socially valuable though perhaps in most dramatic failure, that category prize could be "Lunch and Deathball" with Tim Draper and the DFJ crew. However, if hockey with Guy is not the prize then the eBay auction result is nullified and the team loses. This poses a "the chicken or the egg first" metaphysical problem which can only be resolved if everything is in alignment.
Here's the complete list of prizes:
* Tim Draper: Lunch and Deathball with DFJ
* Robin Vasen: Lunch with Mayfield Partners
* Guy Kawasaki: Play hockey with Guy
* Ride in a private airplane around the Bay Area
* Deloitte: A Day on the Bay on a chartered boat
* Deloitte: 4 club seats for a Warriors game
* Tom Byers and Tina Seelig: Bowling Party
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Read Comment (1) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 and is filed under entrepreneurship.
Previous Post: Vox Announces Improvements in Asset Sharing, Logged Out Page, Themes and More »
Next Post: Affiliate Driven Comment Spam Storm on MySpace »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Get MagicJack and Lifecam Cinema Working on Windows 7 64-bit
- Fix for Error Installing do_mysql Datamapper Adapter on Ubuntu
- Devious New Targeted Financial Phishing Scam Strikes Your Cellphone
- Errata for Programming Collective Intelligence
- Yelp Battles Supporters of the Meier Family
- Pictures of Lori Drew
- Picture of Curt Drew
- Brandon Antron Rolle Goes on Trial Today
- Fixing Spurious Rails Routing Error
- MySpace Stumbles Playing Catchup to Facebook with Status Updates “Friendsmoods”