UK's gambling social networking site GottaBet is cleverly exploiting that nation's latest scandal to promote itself. If you recall, the trio of Big Brother contestants Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo Oâ€™Meara caused a national stir when they were accused by Bollywood diva Shilpa Shetty of racist bullying. The controversy caused days of national self-examination. Big Brother sponsors O2 and Carphone Warehouse pulled their sponsorships and Danielle Lloyd lost a six figure modeling contract.
Gottabet's founders Wim Vernaeve and Bertrand Bodson are using the uproar to draw attention to their betting site by offering Â£10,000 to the person pie faces either of the evil trio as they emerge from the house, or Â£2,500 within a week of their emergence.
The possibility for unintended circumstances in the name of marketing reminds me of the recent water poisoning death resulting from the Wii contest at KDND-FM in Sacramento. Ten employees were fired for the stunt and now a criminal investigation has been launched.
Anyhow, the marketing ploy has done the job of drawing our attention to the their site. It's pretty neat, check it out.
Thank you for reading this post. You can now Leave A Comment (0) or Leave A Trackback.
Post InfoThis entry was posted on Monday, January 22nd, 2007 and is filed under gambling, social networking.
Previous Post: Peerbox Mobile Beta Now Does User Generated Video »
Next Post: Pressler Out at Gap, Semel Next at Yahoo? »
Read MoreRelated Reading:
- How to Get MagicJack and Lifecam Cinema Working on Windows 7 64-bit
- Fix for Error Installing do_mysql Datamapper Adapter on Ubuntu
- Devious New Targeted Financial Phishing Scam Strikes Your Cellphone
- Errata for Programming Collective Intelligence
- Yelp Battles Supporters of the Meier Family
- Pictures of Lori Drew
- Picture of Curt Drew
- Brandon Antron Rolle Goes on Trial Today
- Fixing Spurious Rails Routing Error
- MySpace Stumbles Playing Catchup to Facebook with Status Updates “Friendsmoods”